Welcome to WMC Pre-Health Club
Are you interested in becoming a healthcare provider?
We are happy to provide aspiring pre-health students with shadowing and mentorship from dedicated healthcare providers. WMC has a multi-disciplinary team including physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and physical therapists for you to learn from.
High school or college students interested in healthcare. Preferences will be given to students in Southern California.
Curriculum and Activities
- Monthly online/offline with club coordinator and invited guests (MD/DO/PA students/residents or attending) regarding application process, careers in healthcare, or tips on writing personal statements.
- Shadowing a provider at WMC clinics.
- Meet one-to-one with attending physicians/PA/NP /PharmD/PT for letters of recommendation to professional schools.
- Opportunity to participate in clinical research at WMC.
- Participate in Medical English teaching activities at VietMD, a US non-profit organization, dedicated to teaching Medical and Doctors in Vietnam. Currently, VietMD.net is working with the US Embassy in Vietnam teaching Medical English to students/doctors.
- Networking/mentoring with other club members
Where did WMC Interns go?
- Albany Medical College (MD program)
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (DO program)
- University of Nebraska (MD program)
- University of Southern California (PharmD program)
- University of Pacific (PharmD program)
- West Coast University (BSN/RN program)
- Western University (PharmD program)
Contact Pre-health Club Coordination for an application:
Ms. Tammy Do